Monday, November 8, 2010

Inspiring words for Monday: Love Force

Today, I bring you the inspiring words of Adrienne Marie Brown, who was the keynote at the Movement Generation dinner on Friday which I missed because I live down here in LA.

Movement Generation “The Future” Keynote

[there are her prep notes]

before i speak about my vision of the future, i want to tell you how amazing movement generation is – even if i don’t do a good job tonight, give them your time and money and support.

i got trained by movement generation as a part of the ruckus society (we’re sort of sister networks).

at first, they scared me – the way i have been scared before hearing environmental truths, but much more comprehensively and specifically. but unlike the other times i have been terrified by our coming dystopia, they had solutions to share with me, and they were able to point out what the false solutions were and why we needed to stop engaging in them.

they gave me a new commitment – to personally transforming my relationship with the planet, with sustainability. i mean – from what i eat to the very personal – they made it hard for me to flush a toilet because i know how valuable that resource of water is, and it’s become an issue we discuss in my family!

For the rest of the speech: http://adriennemareebrown.net/blog/?p=1649

Posted via email from Decolonizing Environmentalism

No comments: